How professional advisers can use email marketing
Many professional advisory firms see email marketing as a promotional tool used by retailers, bombarding inboxes with 50% off vouchers.
Email marketing should be part of every firm’s proposition. Where advisers are using email marketing they’ll usually be using it solely to send out an electronic newsletter, a step in the right direction but it has so many more uses. We’ve listed a few below:
- Send out your online survey. You are doing one aren’t you?
- Send out seminar invites.
- Follow up seminars post the event.
- Send triggered emails from your website (automatically sending an email when someone completes a form on your site).
- Use triggered emails to send a series of emails sharing your knowledge, ie ‘Sign up to our guide to selling your business’ - the email system will send a number of separate emails to the recipient over the selected time period, building the relationship.
- Email regarding important announcements, legislation changes etc – all can be issued quickly.
- Send out holiday notifications. Going on holiday? Notify all your clients with one eShot providing alternative contact details.
- Generate website form code. The web form will automatically add them to your chosen address book in your email marketing system.
Email marketing for financial advisers
Issue your pre-fact find questionnaire.
Manage your advised portfolio rebalancing process. Great email tools can use your data to send specific eShots and messages to each individual client within one mailing.
Issue updates relevant to the clients investment portfolio, e.g. fund manager changes.
Use triggered emails to remind clients of their annual review date.
Use automated emails to check a clients situation, ie risk profile, hasn’t changed each year (relevant for transactional clients who may not have an annual meeting).
Use the email marketing to engage with pension scheme members where there may be no active engagement.
Weekly market updates – if appropriate for your business and clients.
Email marketing for Accountants
Use triggered emails to remind clients of important tax deadlines.
Issue your pre audit questionnaire.
Notify clients of their annual review date.
Use automated emails to ensure clients are prepared for year end.
Are there more ways to use email marketing? Probably. Feel free to add your thoughts below.